Not exactly a comeback just yet but HTC is reportedly looking to bring a flagship Android phone as early as next month. The news comes from Taiwan’s DigiTimes which got confirmation from HTC Vive Asia-Pacific GM Charles Huang at an HTC event part of MWC 2022. HTC’s new flagship would be the first of its kind since the HTC U12+ from back in 2018. The upcoming HTC flagship will focus on VR and AR with deep integration to HTC’s own open-source metaverse platform dubbed Viverse.
It would be amusing to see how HTC fares given that a large chunk of HTC’s smartphone business belongs to Google since 2018 and has since been releasing few low-end and mid-range Android phones in select few markets. We’ll keep you in the loop with new developments and updates on HTC’s upcoming device as more info surfaces.
- Microsoft released a Windows 11 update with Android app support in several markets
- Leaked renders of the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra show a design similar to Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Xiaomi 12T series teased to sport a 200MP camera
- Nothing released Nothing OS 1.1.4 with camera improvements and LHDC support
- Gotham Knights PC trailer released, A teaser shows Court of Owls boss fight