Apple has now started the production of the iPhone 13 in India at the Foxconn plant near Chennai. The detail comes after earlier reports claiming Cupertino has started trial production of the iPhone 13 in India back in December.
Apple will not just manufacture the iPhone 13 but also make some of its older models – like the iPhone 12, iPhone 11 and iPhone SE (2020) and is estimated to make 70% of the phones it sells in India locally. Reports from earlier suggest the iPhone 13 Pro series is next to join the production line in India.
One of the key incentives for smartphone manufacturers to assemble their devices in India is to save up on import duties which include a 20% of import tax. Apple is rumored to bring about 20% of its manufacturing from China to India.
- 2 million units of Realme GT Master Edition in 12 months
- Samsung rolling out Android 12 based One UI 4.1 for its Galaxy M11
- OnePlus 10 RT bags certification from Indian authority
- OnePlus finally released the Android 12 for OnePlus 7 and 7T
- Flipkart teased the Infinix Note 12 5G series with 108MP camera and AMOLED display