Today Apple has released the iOS 15.5 update for iPhones and iPadOS 15.5 for the iPads. As the .1 increment suggests, this one isn’t a big update, but it still brings a couple of new features.
First up, the Wallet app now enables Apple Cash customers to send and request money from their Apple Cash card. Second, the Apple Podcasts app includes a new setting to limit episodes stored on your device and automatically delete older ones.
Furthermore, an issue where home automations may fail when triggered by people arriving or leaving is now fixed. There are more than 25 security fixes in this new release too, none of which were being actively exploited to Apple’s knowledge, but still – if you want to apply the ‘better safe than sorry’ logic, you need to consider updating as soon as possible.
The update should already have been announced by your iPhone or iPad, but if not, you can always navigate to Settings and manually check for it. Apple’s rollouts thankfully aren’t staged , so the new software is already available for everyone.
- Latest rumors of Red Magic 8 Pro hint at 165W fast charging
- Report reveals battery and fast charging details of the Realme GT Neo 5
- Oppo Find N2 Flip makes an appearance in renders online
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5 reported to sport a larger cover display and invisible crease
- Xiaomi 13 series leaked info shares details about memory combinations ahead of launch