According to The Information, Apple has suspended iPhone 14 Plus manufacturing and is reevaluating demand. It appears that the iPhone 14 Plus is not off to a stellar start as early rumors claimed.
According to the latest rumor, Apple has called two component suppliers to reduce output by up to 90% and at least one iPhone assembly partner to immediately suspend iPhone 14 Plus production, according to sources in the supply chain. A minimum one iPhone supplier has reportedly been told to increase component manufacturing for the iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max models, according to the report.
Although Apple hasn’t made any public comments on these events, we can only presume that iPhone buyers aren’t interested in a $899 non-Pro handset.
The iPhone 14 Plus is in a tough spot with just $100 extra for an iPhone 14 Pro and $200 more for the 14 Pro Max. The information claims that despite the lingering uncertainty surrounding the iPhone 14 Plus, Apple will still probably introduce an iPhone 15 Plus next year.
- Leaked info showcases the design and specs of the Realme 10 Pro series Global variant
- Tecno Pova 4 scheduled to debut in India on December 7
- Google Pixel Fold may have just visited Geekbench as Google Felix
- Global sales figures of the Redmi Note series exceed 300 million units
- First Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 powered phone, Vivo X90 Pro+, officially goes on sale