The first official teaser for the phone, which is called the “Asus ROG Phone 6D Ultimate”, reveals that Asus is working on a phone with the enhanced Dimensity 9000+ processor.
Three weeks from today, on September 19, the new model will be introduced. There will be parallel events in Berlin (2:00pm), Taipei (8:00pm) and New York (8:00am).
Officially, the 9000+ chipset claims 10% more GPU performance and 5% more CPU performance than the base chipset. The ROG Phone 6D, however, only falls a few percent short of the performance of its Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 sibling, the 6 Pro, according to an early AnTuTu score. The CPU score was really greater than any Qualcomm chip ever tested, and this is for the total rating. These preliminary findings should always be regarded with a grain of salt.
The Dimensity 9000+’s performance in the actual world has not yet been seen. With the new chip, Xiaomi introduced a new iteration of the 12 Pro, but it hasn’t been put to the test. We will soon have many opportunities to test out the new chip because other companies (like iQOO) are also developing phones that use it.
- Leaked info showcases the design and specs of the Realme 10 Pro series Global variant
- Tecno Pova 4 scheduled to debut in India on December 7
- Google Pixel Fold may have just visited Geekbench as Google Felix
- Global sales figures of the Redmi Note series exceed 300 million units
- First Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 powered phone, Vivo X90 Pro+, officially goes on sale