Latest ranking from AnTuTu revealed a listing dominated by Qualcomm both in flagship and mid-range segments. Nine out of the top 10 best performing flagship smartphones are powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, while seven out of the top 10 mid-range devices are powered by Snapdragon 870 SoC.
However, Dimensity 8100-powered devices managed to take the first top spots in the mid-range competition, while the Black Shark 5 Pro took the top spot in the flagship segment.
The Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 reign is reasonable, given the fact Exynos 2200 phones are not selling in China, Dimensity 9000 devices are only now coming out and Kirin chipsets dropped out of the race.
The AnTuTu benchmark tests four aspects of the chipset’s performance – GPU, CPU, UX and memory performance. However, instances of specifically tuning their hardware to boost the AnTuTu scores aren’t scarce.
The first two slots in the midrange division are taken by Dimensity 8100, and the Snapdragon 870 chipset follows the remaining spots apart from the last position which is taken by the Dimensity 1200-AI chip. We should expect more devices to join this list once smartphone makers get their hands on the new chips but that might not be soon, given how the mobile industry is still struggling with supply chain issues.
The monthly AnTuTu results are the average of all runs for devices with at least 1,000 samples.
- Leaked info showcases the design and specs of the Realme 10 Pro series Global variant
- Tecno Pova 4 scheduled to debut in India on December 7
- Google Pixel Fold may have just visited Geekbench as Google Felix
- Global sales figures of the Redmi Note series exceed 300 million units
- First Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 powered phone, Vivo X90 Pro+, officially goes on sale