MediaTek teased a Dimensity 8000 chip back in December, and reports were it is going to be manufactured using TSMC’s 5nm process. The chip is almost ready to make its debut, and now leakster Digital Chat Station revealed it will be named Dimensity 8100 when it launches in March.
The Dimensity 8100 will have an octa-core CPU, with the four Cortex-A78 performance cores clocked at 2.75 GHz. The GPU will be Mali-G510, developed by Arm and is yet to appear in any SoC.
The platform is likely to debut as a successor of the Dimensity 1100 because it will be a step down from the Dimensity 9000, Mediatek’s true flagship platform. Interestingly enough, this new chip was reportedly called 7000 at first, so hopefully, this will be the last renaming before the product goes live next month.
- OnePlus Nord 2T confirmed to debut in India
- The first phone to run the Dimensity 9000+ chipset will be the iQOO 10 series
- Realme GT 2 Master Explorer Edition confirmed to launch in July
- Tecno Pova 3 first sale set to start today in India via Amazon
- First sale of Poco F4 5G kicks off today via Flipkart