Qualcomm’s flagship Snapdragon 8 Gen 1’s direct competitor is confirmed to be the DImensity 9000 chipset from MediaTek. Already, we have seen the flagship chipset show some promise over the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 and Samsung’s Exynos 2200. MediaTek’s flagship is yet to find its way into a smartphone. Well, we may soon see a smartphone running the flagship Dimensity 9000 chipset.
MediaTek has now released a couple of teasers on its official Weibo handle confirming that the MediaTek Dimensity 9000 chip will be first on the Oppo Find X5 series. The company categorically stated that the Dimensity 9000 will be launched onboard the Oppo Find X5 series on February 24.
MediaTek’s Dimensity 9000 will be based on TSMC’s 4nm process with a 3.0GHz Cortex-X2 super core, three 2.85GHz A710 large cores, and four 1.85GHz A510 mid-core architecture.
In terms of benchmark performance, the Dimensity 9000’s AnTuTu score exceeded 1,017,488 points which is higher than the SD 8 Gen 1’s score. On Geekbench, the flagship processor scored 1273 points on the single core test and 4,324 points on the multi core test. The multi-core test score exceeds that of the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, which falls between 3,800 and 3,900 points.
We’ll learn more about the Dimensity 9000 when the Find X5 series goes official on February 24.
- Xiaomi 12 Ultra launch tipped to be scheduled on July 5
- Color variants of Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 and Bespoke Edition tipped
- Asus ROG Phone 6 listed on Geekbench with Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC
- June 2022 Android Security patch hits the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip
- Huawei announced the nova Y90 with a large display and sufficient battery