Elden Ring is undoubtedly the biggest release of the year so far. The game has sold 12 million units worldwide, with over 1 million units sold in Japan alone. The information was revealed by developer FromSoftware in their latest press release.
The press release states that the total sales figure is derived from ‘distribution figures of the package version and sales figures of the downloadable versions.’ The press release also states that the simultaneous release of the game in 14 languages, as well as the worldwide network tests prior to it will bring about sales of more than 12M units.
It will be interesting to see how Elden RIng fares the rest of the year and whether it will become a Dark Souls-like franchise for FromSoftware.
- Xiaomi Civi 2 teased to arrive with a 4,500mAh battery and 67W charging
- Leaked renders showcase Xiaomi 12T and Xiaomi 12T Pro in new Lunar Silver color
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 disassembled in a video
- Camera details of the Oppo Find X6 series surface
- iOS 16.0.2 released for the new iPhones with fix for camera shake and copy/paste bug