Motorola is reportedly working on the Edge 30 Ultra, which may debut as the world’s first phone powered by the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chipset. The flagship is expected to hit the Chinese market first before arriving at the global scene. The Lenovo owned brand is also said to be working on a next-generation Edge series smartphone, which is tentatively called the Motorola Edge (2022). A listing on Geekbench reveals that the handset will run the latest Dimensity chipset.
The Geekbench listing reveals that the Motorola Edge (2022) is powered by an octa-core chipset that has 2x CPU cores clocked at 2.50GHz and 6x CPU cores ticking at 2.0GHz. It is paired with Mali-G610 GPU. These findings are a good hint that the Edge (2022) is driven by the Dimensity 1050, which was announced by Motorola last month.
The listing further mentions that the chipset will be coupled by 8GB RAM and will boot Android 12 OS. It scored 745 points in the single-core test and 2142 points in the multi-core test of Geekbench 5.
- Redmi Pad set to debut in India on October 4
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 11R teaser confirms September 30 launch date alongside design and specs
- Skull & Bones release postponed yet again, now set to arrive in 2023
- Microsoft released a Windows 11 update with Android app support in several markets
- Leaked renders of the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra show a design similar to Galaxy S22 Ultra