Honor decided to kick start the year 2022 with a strong contender, confirming the launch date of its first foldable smartphone. The Honor Magic V will be launched on January 10 at 11:30 AM UTC in China. The event will be streamed online.
The foldable phone will fold horizontally, just like the Galaxy Z Fold3. The promo image shows the cover display, which has a punch-hole for the selfie camera, while the main camera setup on the back will feature a triple camera setup. There’s also a dual-LED flash and some light and PDAF sensors.
The Honor Magic V was also confirmed to be the first foldable smartphone to be powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset, making it the first flagship of 2022 for the independent brand as well. There are also rumors which suggest 66W fast charging and Android 12 out of the box.
- 2 million units of Realme GT Master Edition in 12 months
- Samsung rolling out Android 12 based One UI 4.1 for its Galaxy M11
- OnePlus 10 RT bags certification from Indian authority
- OnePlus finally released the Android 12 for OnePlus 7 and 7T
- Flipkart teased the Infinix Note 12 5G series with 108MP camera and AMOLED display