Xiaomi India promised an MIUI 13 roadmap yesterday and today it delivered. The first wave will bring the MIUI 13 to 10 devices, bringing new interface, by the end of next month – six 11-series phones (four Mi 11 and two Xiaomi 11) and four Redmi variants are in line.
Here’s the full list of the first wave in Q1 2022:
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
- Xiaomi Mi 11X
- XIaomi Mi 11X Pro
- Xiaomi 11T Pro
- Xiaomi 11 Lite NE 5G
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro Max
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 10
- Xiaomi Redmi 10 Prime
Manu Kumar Jain, Global VP and India CEO at Xiaomi, revealed the four key features the new interface is getting on his account. First is the optimized file storage system that will increase efficiency by 60%, followed by RAM optimization that will improve background process efficiency by 40%.
There are also ways to optimize priorities for the processor, which also result in faster speed and higher performance of the same hardware. All these improvements will bring a better battery life, as Xiaomi promises an increase of 10%.
The new interface will also bring some refreshed wallpapers and color schemes, as well as a Sidebar for quick access to all the favorite apps, but the fine print reads it might not be available to all devices. Xiaomi also did not mention whether MIUI 13 will arrive with Android 12 on top, meaning some of the phones might stick to Android 11.
- Latest rumors of Red Magic 8 Pro hint at 165W fast charging
- Report reveals battery and fast charging details of the Realme GT Neo 5
- Oppo Find N2 Flip makes an appearance in renders online
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5 reported to sport a larger cover display and invisible crease
- Xiaomi 13 series leaked info shares details about memory combinations ahead of launch