Last week a rumor surfaced suggesting Apple will bring 120Hz ProMotion displays to its entire iPhone 14 lineup but a new report from Ross Young says Apple will keep the high refresh rate display limited to its Pro models. Young also mentions that BOE Display which is expected to be one of the display suppliers for this year’s iPhone lineup since it doesn’t have enough LTPO display capacity and Apple will wait for at least another year before implementing the ProMotion tech on the Non-Pro iPhone models.
The new report also mentions the alleged iPhone 14 Pro display panel with an image showcasing both punch-hole and pill-shaped cutouts on the display next to each other instead of a notch.
This would be the first time any smartphone maker will go with both display cutout styles so it would be interesting to see if this design holds up. Based on the report, this design will only make its way to the 14 Pro and Pro Max devices.
- Xiaomi Civi 2 teased to arrive with a 4,500mAh battery and 67W charging
- Leaked renders showcase Xiaomi 12T and Xiaomi 12T Pro in new Lunar Silver color
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 disassembled in a video
- Camera details of the Oppo Find X6 series surface
- iOS 16.0.2 released for the new iPhones with fix for camera shake and copy/paste bug