Last week a rumor surfaced suggesting Apple will bring 120Hz ProMotion displays to its entire iPhone 14 lineup but a new report from Ross Young says Apple will keep the high refresh rate display limited to its Pro models. Young also mentions that BOE Display which is expected to be one of the display suppliers for this year’s iPhone lineup since it doesn’t have enough LTPO display capacity and Apple will wait for at least another year before implementing the ProMotion tech on the Non-Pro iPhone models.
The new report also mentions the alleged iPhone 14 Pro display panel with an image showcasing both punch-hole and pill-shaped cutouts on the display next to each other instead of a notch.
This would be the first time any smartphone maker will go with both display cutout styles so it would be interesting to see if this design holds up. Based on the report, this design will only make its way to the 14 Pro and Pro Max devices.
- Xiaomi 12 Ultra launch tipped to be scheduled on July 5
- Color variants of Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 and Bespoke Edition tipped
- Asus ROG Phone 6 listed on Geekbench with Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC
- June 2022 Android Security patch hits the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip
- Huawei announced the nova Y90 with a large display and sufficient battery