We aren’t there yet when it comes to under-display cameras. Current solution lacks satisfactory image quality and is nowhere near as good as the alternative to the conventional cutout approach.
However, Ming-Chi Kuo believes that Apple is progressing with the development. He says that Apple will introduce the first iPhone with Under-display selfie camera solution along with UD Face ID in 2024. And the scheduled upgrade is more of a marketing purpose than actual technological limitations.
The UD selfie cameras will always be at a disadvantage compared to the regular cameras when it comes to image quality. Less light comes into the sensor, due to the extra layer on top. That’s why the ISP and corrective algorithms are crucial for combating this effect. It makes us curious as to what new tech Apple will come up with to offset that. Sadly, we will have to wait for about 17 months before we find out.
- OnePlus Nord 2T confirmed to debut in India
- The first phone to run the Dimensity 9000+ chipset will be the iQOO 10 series
- Realme GT 2 Master Explorer Edition confirmed to launch in July
- Tecno Pova 3 first sale set to start today in India via Amazon
- First sale of Poco F4 5G kicks off today via Flipkart