No funfare, no event, MediaTek has announced the Dimensity 1300 chipset, which is expected to debut on the OnePlus 2T/3.
The chip is built using TSMC’s 6nm process, features an octa-core processor with 4x Cortex-A78 cores (1x Ultra, clocked at up to 3GHz and 3x Super, ticking at up to 2.6GHz) and 4x Cortex-A55 efficiency cores, scaling up to 2GHz. The graphical part is handled by a 9-core Arm Mali-G77 MC9 GPU.
The Dimensity 1300 supports up to 168Hz displays at up to FullHD+ resolution, or 2520 x 1080p. The chip can be paired with as much as 16GB of 4266 Mbps LPDDR4x RAM. The Dimensity 1300 supports UFS 3.1 storage.
The ISP supports up to 200MP cameras and can capture multi-person portrait mode video and 4K HDR video. There’s hardware-accelerated AV1 decoding for faster 4K streaming.
MediaTek hasn’t shared which devices will be powered by the new Dimensity 1300 first, but we expect the OnePlus Nord 3 to be among them. The Dimensity 1300 should offer performance on the scale of Qualcomm’s most powerful 7-series chip, the Snapdragon 778G.
- Xiaomi 12 Ultra launch tipped to be scheduled on July 5
- Color variants of Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 and Bespoke Edition tipped
- Asus ROG Phone 6 listed on Geekbench with Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC
- June 2022 Android Security patch hits the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip
- Huawei announced the nova Y90 with a large display and sufficient battery