The Chinese authority, CMIIT, approved two upcoming Motorola phones. The model numbers of the two devices are XT2251-1 and XT2243-2. The former is seemingly the Motorola Frontier flagship, which is expected to debut in China soon.
The Chinese tipster who spotted the CMIIT listing claims that the XT2251-1 could possibly be the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 flagship, which may debut in July. The XT2243-3 probably is an Edge series device. Sadly, the CMIIT listing reveals no information surrounding the specs of these handsets.
Recent reports have divulged that Motorola’s Frontier flagship will be the first smartphone in the world to be powered by the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chipset. While it is expected to hit the markets as the Motorola Edge 30 Ultra, there is no word on its name in China. A recent leak revealed that the Motorola Edge 2022 is also in the works.
Motorola Frontier Specs
6.8” 144Hz FHD+ display
Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1
Up to 12GB LPDDR5 RAM
Up to 256GB UFS 3.1 Storage
Motorola Edge 2022
6.5” 144Hz FHD+ pOLED
Up to 8GB RAM
Up to 256GB Storage
- Xiaomi 12 Ultra launch tipped to be scheduled on July 5
- Color variants of Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 and Bespoke Edition tipped
- Asus ROG Phone 6 listed on Geekbench with Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC
- June 2022 Android Security patch hits the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip
- Huawei announced the nova Y90 with a large display and sufficient battery