The Oppo Find X5 Pro debuted a month ago as Oppo’s latest flagship powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset. The phone is pre-installed with a built-in cooling system, but the brand now introduced a special Ice-Skin cooling case that will further reduce the temperature by 2-3 degreesC.
The case has a special hydrogel layer, developed by Wuhan University. Regular hydrogels draw moisture from air and then release it through evaporation. However, in order to provide long-term cooling and not just a one-time solution, the researchers developed Glacier Mat – modified hydrogel that re-absorbs moisture from the air over and over again at lower temperatures of the atmosphere, creating a circular cooling cycle.
The Ice-Skin doesn’t add too much mass or thickness to the handset but is bulkier compared to a regular protective case.
Some users in China who pre-ordered the Find X5 Pro are receiving the Ice-Skin cooling case with it, but Oppo is yet to mention anything about a global launch.
- Latest rumors of Red Magic 8 Pro hint at 165W fast charging
- Report reveals battery and fast charging details of the Realme GT Neo 5
- Oppo Find N2 Flip makes an appearance in renders online
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5 reported to sport a larger cover display and invisible crease
- Xiaomi 13 series leaked info shares details about memory combinations ahead of launch