Later this year, when Android 13 is released, Samsung’s One UI overlay will receive a major update to version 5.0. According to a source cited in a SamMobile story, Samsung will release the Android 13/One UI 5.0 beta in the third week of July.
Before the One UI 5.0 public release, which is anticipated to hit Samsung smartphones in October, the beta programme will allow eligible devices, starting with the Samsung Galaxy S22 series, to download and test the software.
Samsung’s planning this year is better than the prior beta cycle. The Galaxy S21 series introduced the One UI 4.0 beta in September, and the official deployment occurred in November. The release date for the Galaxy S22 series in October would be accurate if One UI Beta 5.0 did really arrive in July as predicted.
Timely updates appear to be part of Samsung’s pledge to providing all of its flagships with upgrades for five years starting with the Galaxy S22 series. Samsung has made a lot of effort over the past several years with its S series and Z foldables, despite the OEM’s past reputation for not pushing fast and regular upgrades.
- Vivo Y22 makes a quick pit stop at Geekbench ahead of official launch
- Lenovo details the cooling capabilities of Legion Y70
- Apple iPhone 14 sales reportedly to be stable, brand orders partners to manufacture 90M units
- Dimensity 810 powered Vivo Y77e 5G officially unveiled
- Vivo V25 Pro to officially hit the Indian market on August 17