The OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7T are the firm’s latest phones that received the Android 12 upgrade, according to the company. The Oxygen OS 12 Open Beta 1 is now again accessible for download after the beta was previously suspended.
Anyone with a OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7T, or OnePlus 7T Pro smartphone may access the beta version, which offers all new Android 12 functionalities.
The beta is available to any user using Oxygen OS 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124, however they must have at least 4 GB of free storage. The good news is that you can quickly revert to the Android 11 build if it doesn’t work out for you.
All OnePlus 7 phones running Oxygen OS 12 beta 1 will carry the following features:
- a recently introduced feature called Smart Battery Engine that uses intelligent algorithms and biomimetic self-restoration technologies to extend battery life;
- redesigns app icons using fresh materials to give them more texture, depth, and a feeling of space;
- improves the language and color presentation to make important information stand out, and redesigns the page layout using the notion of eliminating visual noise;
- updated textures on desktop icons that have been enhanced by design integration of lighting and layers and new materials;
- A rule to prevent MMS communications has been added to the optimized spam block rules.
- The HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer was recently introduced to games;
- A newly incorporated voice effect preview lets you record or instantly listen to your voice effect.
- With the addition of three movable settings, dark mode offers a more individualized and cozy user experience.
- new style choices for Cards, which improve the aesthetic appeal and readability of the data contents;
- A recently introduced feature of the OnePlus Scout in Shelf enables you to browse through various phone items, such as Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc.
- All users now have access to the Work-Life Balance function, which makes it simple to transition between the Work and Life modes via fast settings;
- Based on specified locations, Wi-Fi networks, and times, WLB 2.0 now offers automated Work/Life mode switching. It also adds personalized App notification profiles.
- By autonomously identifying the highest-quality images and cropping the thumbnail depending on the content, Gallery now lets you choose between several layouts with a two-finger squeeze motion. This makes the gallery layout more aesthetically pleasant.
- Canvas AOD offers you fresh, varied line and color designs for a more individualized lock screen experience with motivational images;
- several new brushes, strokes, and color adjustment support;
- To more accurately recognise the characteristics and skin tone of various figures, software algorithms have been updated.
- improved function classification, with divisions into vision, hearing, interactive activities, and general;
- More system applications, including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar, are supported by TalkBack.
- Vivo Y22 makes a quick pit stop at Geekbench ahead of official launch
- Lenovo details the cooling capabilities of Legion Y70
- Apple iPhone 14 sales reportedly to be stable, brand orders partners to manufacture 90M units
- Dimensity 810 powered Vivo Y77e 5G officially unveiled
- Vivo V25 Pro to officially hit the Indian market on August 17