Last month, Oppo introduced the Reno 8 series smartphones in China. The series consists of three models – Oppo Reno 8 Pro+, Oppo Reno 8 Pro and the vanilla Oppo Reno 8.
The Chinese variant of the Oppo Reno 8 Pro+ comes with the Dimensity 8100 Max chipset, while the Reno 8 Pro runs on Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 and the Reno 8 are powered by the Dimensity 1300 SoC. Now, the Reno 8 Pro’s global variant ran the Geekbench test with an entirely different chipset from the Chinese variant.
As per the listing, the Reno 8 Pro global model is designated with model number CPH2357. It is powered by an octa-core processor (4x 2.0GHz cores and 4x 2.85GHz). The graphics department is managed by the Mali-G610 MC6 GPU making it pretty obvious that it is the MediaTek’s Dimensity 8100 (8100 Max) chipset.
The chipset is paired with 12GB RAM and the software side is covered by the Android 12 OS. The handset scored 898 and 3555 points in the single-core and multi-core points, respectively.
- 2 million units of Realme GT Master Edition in 12 months
- Samsung rolling out Android 12 based One UI 4.1 for its Galaxy M11
- OnePlus 10 RT bags certification from Indian authority
- OnePlus finally released the Android 12 for OnePlus 7 and 7T
- Flipkart teased the Infinix Note 12 5G series with 108MP camera and AMOLED display