It’s only natural for speculations to start surfacing more often now that Qualcomm’s upcoming flagship SoC is almost ready for an announcement. The most recent one comes from the well-known Weibo tipster Digital Chat Station and speculates that Qualcomm may release two different Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 models.
There will be a conventional iteration that will go as usual and a high frequency iteration that should greatly increase the clock rates. While the high-frequency option will provide at least 3.4-3.5 GHz, the Prime core of the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 currently operates at 3.19GHz.
The chipset is likely to be the same, but after some binning at the manufacturing, some pieces will be able to support faster clock rates, leading to the ultra-high frequency SoC. The analysis predicts that the GPU division will experience a major improvement.
According to earlier speculations, the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 would utilize TSMC’s 4nm manufacturing process and power the iQOO 11, in addition to a few dozen other top devices.
The informant also said that MediaTek’s next Dimensity processor will deliver yet another great performance improvement in the CPU area, perhaps narrowing the gap between Dimensity and Snapdragon even further.
- Leaked info showcases the design and specs of the Realme 10 Pro series Global variant
- Tecno Pova 4 scheduled to debut in India on December 7
- Google Pixel Fold may have just visited Geekbench as Google Felix
- Global sales figures of the Redmi Note series exceed 300 million units
- First Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 powered phone, Vivo X90 Pro+, officially goes on sale