Qualcomm is expected to announce its Snapdragon 8 Gen 1+ soon and the launch may just take place next week as per Chinese tipster Digital Chat Station. Despite earlier claims that the chipset may be postponed until the Q2 of 2022. We now get a contradicting statement that says the launch is taking place next Friday – May 20. In addition to the flagship chipset, Qualcomm is expected to launch its Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 chipset.
If these rumors pan out we can expect a barrage of announcements from smartphone makers confirming new devices with the latest Qualcomm chipsets. The new SD 8 Gen1+ (codenamed SM8475) is expected to be sourced from TSMC unlike the current SD 8 Gen 1 which is sourced from Samsung.
The core difference between the two chips is expected to be in the GPU department where the new chip should get a boost in performance. The CPU is expected to remain unchanged from the SD 8 Gen 1 with 1x Cortex-X2 at 3GHz, 3x Cortex-A710 performance units and 4x Cortex-A510 cores for efficiency. Motorola is expected to be one of the first makers to use the new chip in its Edge X30 phone.
- Leaked info showcases the design and specs of the Realme 10 Pro series Global variant
- Tecno Pova 4 scheduled to debut in India on December 7
- Google Pixel Fold may have just visited Geekbench as Google Felix
- Global sales figures of the Redmi Note series exceed 300 million units
- First Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 powered phone, Vivo X90 Pro+, officially goes on sale