Samsung officially announced S22 Ultra, which will be the company’s first flagship for 2022. The new smartphone comes as a successor to the Galaxy S21 Ultra from 2021 and Galaxy Note20 from 2020. It comes with year-on-year improvements, and this time around it is the inclusion of the S Pen from the now defunct Galaxy Note line.
The Galaxy S22 Ultra comes with a design similar to the Galaxy Note20 Ultra, a flat front, back, top and bottom with curved sides. On the back the camera arrangement is similar to the S21 Ultra but without the large raised island around it.
The frame of the S22 Ultra is made of aluminum and uses Gorilla Glass Victus+ on both front and back. Both the phone and the S Pen come with IP68 rating for water and dust resistance.
The new integrated S Pen features an updated latency of 2.8ms and AI-based coordinate prediction technology. Samsung has also upgraded the handwriting to text feature and it now supports 88 languages.
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Specs & Price
6.8” 120Hz QHD+ Dynamic AMOLED
Exynos 2200 (international)
Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (China/USA/India)
8GB + 128GB
12GB + 256GB
16GB + 512GB
16GB + 1TB
10MP periscope telephoto
4.5W reverse wireless
Android 12, One UI 4.1
Phantom Black, White, Burgundy, Green, Graphite, Red & Sky Blue
Starts at $1,199/€1,249
- 3C certifies Red Magic 8 Pro with a 165W wired charging support
- Xiaomi 13 leaked render showcases a new Leather Brown color Option
- Release of GTA 6 expected in 2026 as per Microsoft
- Geekbench database showcases the Xiaomi 13 with SD 8 Gen 2 & 12GB RAM
- Official teaser of iQOO 11 confirms Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC and memory standard