Vivo’s upcoming foldable flagship will be called X Fold, several rumors claim. Today, the trustworthy leakster Digital Chat Station posted schematics of the upcoming foldable, revealing a punch-hole camera on the cover display and a quad-camera setup with a periscope lens on the back.
As per the leakster the hardware packed by the phone would be “absolutely top-level”, meaning we should expect a Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC, OLED panel on both sides and a main camera with a gimbal stabilization.
The vivo X Fold will adopt the form factor of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold, Xiaomi Mi Mix Fold, Oppo Find N and the Huawei Mate X2. The device will fold horizontally with its main display on the inside and will have a tall narrow external display.
The camera setup resembles the design of the vivo X70 Pro+, as well as the iQOO 9 lineup – a huge rectangular camera island, the left side of which is occupied by the cameras, while the right side is there just for show.
The image shows a button on the right side (which would be the left side when unfolded). We assume it will be for Vivo’s smart assistant, Jovi, which is generally available outside China. The question remains whether this phone will also escape the domestic market.
- OnePlus Nord 2T confirmed to debut in India
- The first phone to run the Dimensity 9000+ chipset will be the iQOO 10 series
- Realme GT 2 Master Explorer Edition confirmed to launch in July
- Tecno Pova 3 first sale set to start today in India via Amazon
- First sale of Poco F4 5G kicks off today via Flipkart