Numerous smartphones powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 have been introduced during the past few weeks. It now looks that Black Shark also intends to release a brand-new high-performance smartphone.
The information was provided by a reputable tipster, Digital Chat Station, who posted it to Weibo (a Chinese microblogging website). The smartphone in question will presumably be a high-end model that was initially spotted with a 2K display but now has a 1080p (possibly FHD+) resolution, based on the social media post. Additionally, a 4,790mAh battery pack and a twin cell architecture with 100W fast charging capabilities are said to power the Black Shark smartphone.
The smartphone has a triple camera configuration on the back, with a 64MP IMX686 sensor as the primary sensor, along with a 13MP lens and a 2MP camera. A 16MP selfie camera will be located on the front in the meanwhile. The insider said that there is a strong likelihood that this Black Shark phone will replace the current flagship before the end of the year. However, it is also perfectly possible that it is a future updated model of a current smartphone series.
The blogger had also provided some further information about this smartphone back in June 2022. Since the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 wasn’t yet revealed, it was referred to as the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2. At the time, we believed the smartphone may be a member of the Black Shark 5S series, the Chinese brand’s newest flagship model.
- Redmi Pad set to debut in India on October 4
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 11R teaser confirms September 30 launch date alongside design and specs
- Skull & Bones release postponed yet again, now set to arrive in 2023
- Microsoft released a Windows 11 update with Android app support in several markets
- Leaked renders of the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra show a design similar to Galaxy S22 Ultra