Sony stated in a press statement on Monday that it will be acquiring Savage Game Studios for its recently established PlayStation Studios Mobile Division, which works independently from Sony’s console development team to create games for mobile devices.
The crew at Savage Game Studios, which has locations in Helsinki and Berlin, is already hard at work on an unannounced “AAA mobile live service action game”. Co-founders of the brand have previously worked with Rovio, Zynga, Supercell, Wargaming and Insomniac, among other mobile game developers.
I’m thrilled to welcome Savage Game Studios. They join a new independent PlayStation Studios Mobile Division whose mission is to reach even more new players around the world. Michail and his team are already working on something great; I can’t wait until they can show you. https://t.co/61HpPOmFvs— Hermen Hulst (@hermenhulst) August 29, 2022
According to Sony, the PlayStation Mobile Division is responsible for developing first-party PlayStation games and “creating new experiences for gamers through creative, on-the-go gaming based on new and current PlayStation IP that fulfills PlayStation Studios’ high-quality standards”.
Following the news, daily operations will continue to be handled by Savage Game Studios’ own management. The acquisition’s terms, including its cost, have not yet been made public.
- Redmi Pad set to debut in India on October 4
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 11R teaser confirms September 30 launch date alongside design and specs
- Skull & Bones release postponed yet again, now set to arrive in 2023
- Microsoft released a Windows 11 update with Android app support in several markets
- Leaked renders of the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra show a design similar to Galaxy S22 Ultra