Tecno teased its sensor shift IS technology for smartphone cameras back in mid-December and now it has showcased a telescopic macro lens that promises to significantly improve not only the quality of macro shots but also the whole experience taking them.
This is a telephoto macro lens that extends from the body, as the video below shows, and allows you to click photos without having to get too close to the subject. It offers 5x optical zoom and the final result is comparable to the main camera’s, the company claims. The mechanism allows for a larger aperture, which is essential for good photos.
Furthermore, the brand suggests the design is pretty compact and doesn’t need big housing, but didn’t mention any specifics.
The company didn’t say anything about when to expect a Tecno handset that will feature the new telescopic lens but it will be this year, that’s for sure.
- Xiaomi 12 Ultra launch tipped to be scheduled on July 5
- Color variants of Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 and Bespoke Edition tipped
- Asus ROG Phone 6 listed on Geekbench with Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC
- June 2022 Android Security patch hits the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip
- Huawei announced the nova Y90 with a large display and sufficient battery