OriginOS Ocean, an Android 12-based operating system, was used by vivo to launch the vivo X80 Pro in China, although Funtouch OS 12 was included in the global version that was marketed in other nations. Since vivo launched the Funtouch OS 13 stable update for the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1-powered X80 Pro last month, it appears that the beta testing of the Android 13-based Funtouch OS 13 for the X80 Pro has gone without a hitch.
Our Vivo X80 Pro received the update in India with firmware version PD2185BF EX A 22.214.171.124.W30, which required a 6.24GB download. It is the Funtouch OS 13 Global ROM, and it includes new features like Phone Cooling in the iManager app as well as the Android security patch that was released on November 1, 2022. Vivo claims that by intelligently reducing the CPU frequency by “reducing the running of apps,” the phone is kept from overheating.
However, since Funtouch OS 13 doesn’t feature a new design, it doesn’t make any significant UI changes to the vivo X80 Pro. If you reside in India and your vivo X80 Pro hasn’t yet received the Funtouch OS 13 stable update, you can manually check for it by going to the Settings section of your phone.
- Leaked info showcases the design and specs of the Realme 10 Pro series Global variant
- Tecno Pova 4 scheduled to debut in India on December 7
- Google Pixel Fold may have just visited Geekbench as Google Felix
- Global sales figures of the Redmi Note series exceed 300 million units
- First Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 powered phone, Vivo X90 Pro+, officially goes on sale