Vivo released the X Fold folding smartphone in April and the firm said today that the Plus variant will be released next week, on September 26. The launch event will take place in China and will begin at 7pm local time.
The “+” in the X Fold+, according to Vivo, implies “strong will evolve in a stronger way”. It’s unclear whether Vivo is referring to durability improvements with the Plus model or anything else.
Vivo also revealed a photograph of the X Fold Plus’ design. It looks identical to the Vivo X Fold but will now be available in Red as well. The standard model was available in Black and Blue.
The X Fold Plus’ specifications have not yet been released, but we do know that it will be powered by the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC and have a 4,730mAh battery with 80W wired and 50W wireless charging capability. According to AnTuTu, the X Fold+ will include 12GB of RAM, 512GB of storage and a 120Hz screen.
The Vivo X Fold+ is likely to be similar to the X Fold, with the exception of a new processor, larger battery, quicker wired charging and a new color. In the days running up to the September 26 event, we may hear more from Vivo.
- Leaked info showcases the design and specs of the Realme 10 Pro series Global variant
- Tecno Pova 4 scheduled to debut in India on December 7
- Google Pixel Fold may have just visited Geekbench as Google Felix
- Global sales figures of the Redmi Note series exceed 300 million units
- First Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 powered phone, Vivo X90 Pro+, officially goes on sale