The Y21 was introduced by Vivo in August of last year, and here we are a year later waiting for a successor. The Vivo Y22 prototype—not to be confused with the Y22 from 2013—was just discovered in the Geekbench database, so it appears that we won’t have to wait too long.
This has shown that, as opposed to the Y21, which had to make due with the Helio P35 SoC, it is powered by MediaTek’s Helio G85 SoC. The Y22 features 4GB of RAM, much like its predecessor. Naturally, the Y22 runs Android 12 and according to a number of certifying bodies in the past, has the model number V2207.
A 6.44-inch 720×1600 LCD touchscreen with a basic 60Hz refresh rate, an 8MP selfie camera, and a 5,000mAh battery with 18W charging capabilities about the Y22. There may also be a water-drop notch and a fingerprint sensor that is located on the side.
It seems obvious that the Y22 will shortly become official, most likely by the end of this month. As soon as fresh information becomes available, we’ll let you know more.
- Gotham Knights PC trailer released, A teaser shows Court of Owls boss fight
- Leaked renders of Samsung Galaxy S23 and S23+ showcase a new design
- Geekbench listing of Realme 10 confirms Helio G99 SoC
- Xiaomi Civi 2 will feature a center-aligned dual-selfie camera setup
- iQOO Neo 7 will feature 120W charging and rumored to sport a new 50MP camera