Xiaomi 12 Ultra is the most eagerly-awaited phone, which will come as the successor to last year’s flagship Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra 5G. Tipster Digital Chat Station reported, the Xiaomi 12 Ultra will launch soon as the first-ever phone powered by the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1.
The race is still ongoing for the position of the world’s first Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 powered smartphone. For the global markets, Motorola is working on the Motorola Edge 30 Ultra (codenamed Frontier) running the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 chip. Previous reports mention that it would be the first phone to arrive with the SD8+ Gen 1 chipset.
At the beginning of this month, Asus revealed that it is working on the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 Powered ROG Phone 6 series which will arrive on July 5 in Taiwan, China and the US. If we go by the report from the tipster, the Xiaomi 12 Ultra should debut before the ROG Phone 6 series.
Furthermore, the tipster also claimed that the Realme GT 2 Master Explorer Edition, which was recently spotted with full specs on TENAA, will debut in close succession to the Xiaomi 12 Ultra in China. These devices will be followed by SD8+ Gen 1 flagships from OnePlus, iQOO and Red Magic. These Chinese smartphone makers will seemingly announce when their next-Gen flagship phone will debut in the next few days.
- Xiaomi Civi 2 teased to arrive with a 4,500mAh battery and 67W charging
- Leaked renders showcase Xiaomi 12T and Xiaomi 12T Pro in new Lunar Silver color
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 disassembled in a video
- Camera details of the Oppo Find X6 series surface
- iOS 16.0.2 released for the new iPhones with fix for camera shake and copy/paste bug