The renowned Chinese tipster on Weibo, Digital Chat Station, has revealed that the upcoming Xiaomi 12 Ultra smartphone will run on a yet to be announced Snapdragon 8 Gen 1+. The Plus variant of Qualcomm’s flagship SoCs are usually announced in H2, we probably shouldn’t expect the Xiaomi 12 Ultra before the end of Q3 2022.
The handset with the corresponding model number has surfaced with an unnamed Qualcomm SM8475 chip. Since the current SD 8 Gen 1 is designated with model number SM8450, it’s safe to assume that this is indeed the Plus variant.
As per rumors, Qualcomm’s future Plus models will be manufactured on TSMC’s 4nm process instead of Samsung’s, which the current Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 is based on.
- Redmi Pad set to debut in India on October 4
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 11R teaser confirms September 30 launch date alongside design and specs
- Skull & Bones release postponed yet again, now set to arrive in 2023
- Microsoft released a Windows 11 update with Android app support in several markets
- Leaked renders of the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra show a design similar to Galaxy S22 Ultra