After the Dynamic Island was introduced on the iPhone 14 Pro series, it was virtually inevitable that developers in the Android world would follow suit and implement their own versions of the feature. Similar implementations are also being worked on by MIUI developers at Xiaomi, and the upcoming Redmi K60 may include an official implementation.
On Weibo, Xiaomi China President Lu Weibing questioned people about whether they would “really need a Smart Island.” While many users said they would want to see Xiaomi’s version of the Dynamic Island implemented, others were opposed to such a move. More developers are likely to join MIUI developers who have already started testing Dynamic Island implementation for music controls and other notifications.
- Leaked info showcases the design and specs of the Realme 10 Pro series Global variant
- Tecno Pova 4 scheduled to debut in India on December 7
- Google Pixel Fold may have just visited Geekbench as Google Felix
- Global sales figures of the Redmi Note series exceed 300 million units
- First Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 powered phone, Vivo X90 Pro+, officially goes on sale