ZTE is preparing for next week’s event where it will unveil the Axon 40 series consisting of three models – Axon 40, Axon 40 Pro and Axon 40 Ultra. The Ultra model has appeared in live images before, but today thanks to a Chinese retailer’s listing of the upcoming device, we get to see its back too, via the official looking renders.
Clearly it looks like a high-end smartphone released in 2022, and what takes it to the next level is the latest-gen under-display selfie camera, which you can’t see with the naked eye. ZTE was a pioneer in the under-display camera space so it makes sense that it would keep improving the tech with every new release.
The back has three huge camera sensors, which are all going to be 64MP. They will also have 8K video capture support. Not just that, but rumor has it the main camera and ultrawide camera will use the exact same sensor.
The Axon 40 Ultra’s QHD+ display has a ‘waterfall’ curve to it on both sides, and incredibly tiny top and bottom bezels, while the back glass curves in a similar fashion – which only leaves room for a slim aluminum frame. The aesthetic is definitely pleasing, that’s for sure.
Previous rumors suggest the handset will be powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset coupled with up to 16GB RAM and 512GB UFS 3.1 storage. Under the hood it will have a 5,000mAh battery supporting 65W fast charging.
- Release date of the Ubisoft’s open-world pirate game, Skull and Bones
- Get ready, the pre-orders for the Apple M2 MacBook Air start on July 8
- Motorola X30 Pro’s triple camera setup to have unusual focal lengths
- TENAA database lists out the specs of the iQOO 10 Pro
- Realme VP teased the GT Neo 3 150W Marvel Edition inspired by Thor Love and Thunder